Friday, March 8, 2013

First affirmative constructive

Ok. I anticipate there are questions about what I want to have prepared for Monday. Many of you haven't been able to meet for one reason or another, and that is fine, but it is time to start preparation. Soooo... What does that mean exactly?? You should have a speech prepared supporting nuclear power. You need to lay out your arguments for why we need nuclear power in addition to introducing the problem with the current system.

Maybe the current system is too expensive? Maybe you want to focus in intergenerational responsibility? In other words, is our usage of coal and fossil fuels responsible for future generations?

I would avoid the obvious arguments of environment just because I think that would be one of the first things the opposition will plan for. You want to come up with arguments that will surprise the opposition and leave them scrambling.

Tweet me or email me for questions. Be prepared to deliver to the rest of the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment